Best MacX DVD Ripper Pro 19.3
Use Cisdem Video Converter- the powerful DVD ripping software for Mac to:
- Rip movie DVD to MP4/HD MP4/HEVC MP4, MOV, AVI MKV, M4V, etc.
- Extract audio from DVD to MP3, AAC, AC3, WMA, WAV, FLAC, etc.
- Convert DVDs to optimized presets for iPhone, iPad, HUAWEI, MI, PS4, etc.
- Rip DVD/DVD folder/ISO to digital formats
- Remove DVD copy protection like Region Code, CSS, etc.
- Convert video & audio files between 300+ digital formats
- Download videos from 1000+ websites, YouTube.com included
- Edit (trim, crop, apply effects, etc.) and merge DVD videos
- Advanced settings to change the output file codec, quality, bitrate, etc.
- Preview DVD movies via built-in video player
- 30X faster speed
4 Tips to Choose the Best Free MacX DVD Ripper Pro
There is a vast variety of free DVD ripper software on the market. Each of them has a common advantage, which is to help you rip DVD for free. But it’s not enough, and more aspects we should take into consideration while choosing a free MacX DVD Ripper Pro. I’ve sorted out several tips below for your references.
1. DVD Ripping Speed – DVD videos are usually in large size and need to spend some time to convert. Using a super-fast free Mac DVD ripper will save you a lot of time.
2. The Output Quality – To enjoy the high definition video is of great pleasure. Or else, not only your eyes may get hurt, but also the annoying jumpy and mosaics will also bother you.
3. Supported Format – The output format compatible with your digital player device is another point you should take in. The more output options, the better the DVD ripper.
4. Additional Customization Features– It will be the icing on the cake if a free DVD ripper lets you configure the output parameters and edit DVD videos before ripping out.
Top 5 Best Free MacX DVD Ripper Pro
OS Platform: Mac OS X 10.11 or later
HandBrake is an open-source video transcoder. It is the most welcomed free MacX DVD Ripper Pro and Windows. It is developed by “titer” Petit and originally designed for ripping movies from DVD. Today, Handbrake allows you to rip non-protected DVDs, Blu-ray to MP4, MKV, and universal device presets like iPhone, iPod, Apple TV (2/3), Android Tablet, and so on. But this free Mac DVD ripper can only output MP4 or MKV video files. If you wish to make the ripped video compatible with other formats such as AVI, MOV, MPEG, MP3, etc., HandBrake can’t help.
Its ripping speed depends on the files upload. For a small file, it won’t take too long. For a large one, it maybe takes a long time. The final quality is not bad. If you are not hurrying to get your converted video, you could take it.
#2) MacX DVD Ripper Mac Free Edition
OS Platform: Mac OS X 10.6 or above
MacX offers a free MacX DVD Ripper Pro users, compares with its paid version, the free version can rip DVD movie to MP4, MOV, M4V, MP3, AAC, AC3, Apple TV and iTunes. But it is unable to back up & rip the latest copy-protected DVDs for free, and rip DVDs for some hot devices, like iPad Pro, iPhone (11/Pro/Max), Android, Samsung Galaxy S7, HTC, PS4, etc. If you can bear the limited output formats and unsatisfying speed, this Mac DVD ripper free is a decent option. Anyway, it can meet your basic DVD ripping necessary.
Note: MacX seems to have given up upgrading and promoting DVD Ripper Mac Free Edition. The download link on its official website has been replaced by MacX DVD Ripper Pro (the paid program). To download the free version, you are able to find it on some app download sites like softonic.com, download3k.com, etc.
OS Platform: Mac OS X 10.10 or higher (macOS 64-bit)
FFmpeg is an open resource free MacX DVD Ripper Pro Crack It mainly runs under Linux at the beginning, but now it can be compiled under most operating systems, including Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, AmigaOS. FFmpeg has always been a very experimental and developer-driven project. It supports the most popular formats except HD video. Based on the customers’ review, its output quality is not too bad.
This free DVD ripping software for Mac is not suitable for ordinary users due to the complicated command line and custom options. And the speed is not fast although it is called “fast forward”.
OS Platform: Mac OS X 10.8 or later
MTR (named MacTheRipper) is the Mac’s oldest and smartest DVD – backup application, now greater than ever. The speed of the MTR is ok. It merely takes a few minutes to rip a small DVD.
However, this free MacX DVD Ripper Pro is unstable, especially on Sierra and High Sierra version. It may be crashing, shut down by itself, or failure to launch. And the output quality will not as good as you think.
Note: MacTheRipper is no longer free currently. For example version 126.96.36.199 is a paid upgrade. Licensed owners of version 4.3 who donated within the last 365 days can upgrade for free. But for those who donated more than 365 days ago should upgrade for $10. The last free version is MacTheRipper 2.6.6, which only supports Mac OS X 10.6 Leopard or older.
OS Platform: Mac OS X 10.7.5 or above
VLC, coming from a non-profit organization composed of volunteers, is dedicated to the development and promotion of open-source multimedia solutions. It can also run in Windows, Android, and Ubuntu. The initial function of this free MacX DVD Ripper Pro is to play media files in various formats and resolutions. With its improvement, VLC starts supporting audio and video transcoding, assisting you to convert video and DVD. Through improvements, VLC began to support audio and video transcoding to help you convert videos and DVDs.
However, VLC free Mac DVD ripper can’t process multiple videos, DVD folders, or ISO images in batches and won’t defeat any kind of DRM. And you have to accept the fact that the video ripped by VLC will cause quality degradation.
Note: If you agree with its concept and its effort on developing VLC, don’t forget to donate $5.00 on its page.
Where Free DVD Ripping Software for Mac Fall Short?
From the above introductions, we can judge that the free MacX DVD Ripper Pro has obvious shortcomings, for example:
- Can’t retain high-quality output
- The speed is not always fast
- Limited output formats and profiles
- No further video editing feature
- Can’t rip DRM encrypted DVDs, like Handbrake and VLC
- Stop update, like MacX DVD Ripper Mac Free Edition
- Not free in the new versions, such as MacTheRipper
- Difficult for the novice, such as FFmpeg
It seems that no free Mac DVD ripper meets the criteria mentioned in part 1, but paid one does. Therefore, you are better off using the commercial and effective DVD ripper instead.
Perfect Alternative- The Robust yet Simple MacX DVD Ripper Pro
Cisdem Video Converter is the best alternative to free DVD ripper Mac. It’s a highly interactive program that delivers lossless ripping of media content at an ultra-fast speed and obtains the high-quality possible results. It provides a free trial version for you to test its performance before purchasing. The trial version can rip the first 5 minutes of the DVD. If your DVD video is less than 5 minutes, it will convert half of the content.
Best MacX DVD Ripper Pro
- Rip general or copyrighted DVD to mainstream video/audio formats
- Rip movie or music DVD to ready-made presets for all popular devices
- Adjust the frame rate, resolution, bit rate, etc. of DVD video
- Edit DVD video with trimming, cropping, subtitles, watermarks, and more
- Convert digital video from one format to another
- Download videos from YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, and other 1000+ sites
- Rip DVDs, convert & download videos in batches
- Crisp and easy-to-use interface
- Available on OS X 10.10 or higher, including macOS Catalina
How to Rip DVD via the Best Alternative to Free MacX DVD Ripper Pro
Step 1Install the software
- Download and install Cisdem Video Converter to your Mac.
- After installation, run the software. You will see 3 tabs for different functions. The first tab for DVD ripping is selected by default
Insert your DVD video to the Mac slot. Its icon will appear on the desktop. Then you have two ways to add the DVD disc:
- 1. Straightly drag the DVD video icon to the interface of the Cisdem Mac DVD ripper.
- 2. Navigate to “File” > “Add DVD” in the menu bar to browser your DVD file.
The video thumbnail will be displayed with all of its basic information.
Note: You can also add the DVD folder to the program or add multiple files for batch conversion.
Step 3Configure Output Profiles
Click the format icon to open the output file panel. All the output formats have been already divided into various categories. For example, if you desire to play the DVD movie on your iPhone, you can go to “Apple Device” > “iPhone”, and choose your phone model. Or select the universal format- MP4, just head over to “General Video” > “MP4 Video”.
For getting better video/audio quality, click icon to open a window, and tweak the output parameter settings.
Step 4Edit your DVD Videos (Optional)
You are given options to edit the DVD movies with rotating, adding 3D effects and external subtitles & audio by clicking on button.
Step 5Rip DVDs to Digital Files
Hit button at the lower right corner to begin ripping your DVD movies to MP4, Apple TV, or other formats. Once finished, click button to find your ripped videos.
These were the 5 free MacX DVD Ripper Pro 19.3 and alternative. If you only want to rip DVD to a common-used format without editing feature, I recommend Handbrake, MacX DVD Ripper Mac Free Edition, and VLC for beginners. For users who are using OS X 10.6 or lower, MacTheRipper 2.6.6 is an ideal option. If you do well in command lines and codes, give a try on FFmpeg. To make everything easy and efficient, an all-in-one DVD ripping software for Mac like Cisdem Video Converter is the best choice, which can rip copy-protected DVDs as well.