Take private browsing to the next level. Firefox Focus gives you a dedicated privacy browser with tracking protection and content blocking. You can use Firefox Focus as a standalone browser or as content blocker for Safari on supported iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices.
What is Firefox Focus
Firefox focus means you can block any online trackers and so it can also block any third party advertising as well. More interestingly, it doesn’t interrupt the online browsing speed at all. This super effective browser has released a few years back in 2015. The main attention of it is to see all kinds of crawlers on any page and to make sure that you just need a tap at the protection icon. Afterward, a panel will come to you and it will show you the kinds of crawlers are having there on that particular page. They could be like, ad crawlers, social crawlers, analytical crawlers, and content crawlers.
Key features of Firefox Focus browser?
Here are the particular features of firefox focus, you will come to know after using it.
Privacy: To ensure the ultimate privacy and secure all information is the main goal of firefox focus. This is the reason why the developer brings it into us. So it comes with a wide range of web trackers minimizing the settings panel. Furthermore, using it, you can easily delete the history even the cookies and passwords.
Speed: Nobody wants to compromise to get the highest speed that a standard browser can possess, so be with this browser. This browser ensures faster speed with fewer data consumption while removing trackers and ad websites.
Reliability: It comes from a reliable developer, who is one of the trustworthy team that millions of people keep their faith upon. So there is no reason to escape the system or distrust them.
Great for protecting your online privacy: With Firefox Focus, you can block trackers in ads, analytics, and social media; as well as other content trackers and Web fonts. The first three types are blocked by default, so you don’t have to remember to switch to incognito mode. Go to Settings to block content trackers and Web fonts.
Safari integration: Under Settings, you can also enable Safari integration to block trackers in Apple’s native browser.
Easy to use: Firefox Focus works like any other browser — input your URL and go. But when you’re done browsing, tap the Erase button on the top right to delete your cookies, search, passwords, and browsing history. If you ever get confused, Firefox Focus is full of explainers and has a robust Help section.
Faster browsing: Webpages load much faster when online trackers and ads aren’t slowing them down.
Yahoo Search is the default search engine: Yahoo Search is an odd choice for Firefox Focus’s default search engine, as it just suffered one of the largest data breaches of all time. There is currently no way to change this default, but Mozilla says that a future update will bring search engine choice.
Install Firefox Focus
Firefox Focus is available in the App Store for free. When it’s finished downloading, look for the icon on your home screen.
Use Firefox Focus as a browser
Use Firefox Focus as a browser dedicated to your privacy and security. Easily erase your browsing history, passwords, bookmarks and cookies and prevent unwanted ads from following you.
- Whenever you want a private tracker-free experience, fire up Firefox Focus. Firefox Focus is easy to use. Just enter your search or website address in the field:
- To view a page in regular Firefox or to share it using another app, tap the share button at the bottom of the screen.
- Erase all information about your session at any time by tapping the Erase button on the search field.
Use Firefox Focus with Safari
Enjoy protection against ad, social, content or analytics trackers without switching from Safari. Follow these steps to enable Firefox Focus for Safari:
Step one: allow Safari to use content blockers (you only need to do this once):
- Tap the Settings app in your iPhone or iPad.
- Scroll down to and tap it.
- Tap .
- Tap the switch next to Firefox Focus to turn it on .
- Close the Settings app.
Step two: enable Firefox Focus for Safari
- Open Firefox Focus.
- Tap the cogwheel to go to the Settings menu:
- Tap the switch next to Safari to enable it .
- Close Firefox Focus. You’re ready to browse on Safari!
Customize your Firefox Focus protection settings
Customize the level of content blocking and tracking protection that you need.
- Open Firefox Focus.
- Tap the cogwheel to go to the Settings menu:
- Tap the switch next to each feature to turn it on or off.
Send usage data: We use general usage data to help us improve Firefox Focus. You can opt out of this at any time.
- Tap the back button or close Firefox Focus. Firefox Focus will save your changes automatically.
How does Firefox Focus work?
Firefox Focus brings added privacy by allowing you to block known website trackers by category:
- Ads, analytics and social trackers
- Other content trackers – this category includes embedded videos, photo slideshows, and news article embeds that could track you. Blocking other content trackers may cause many sites to stop functioning properly.
Firefox Focus works by blocking some parts of web pages from loading. With less to download, web pages often load faster with Firefox Focus. Your mobile data usage may also be lower.
- Web fonts – fonts that are downloaded from the server (may slow down web pages). Web fonts are typefaces used to style the text on some web pages. Blocking Web fonts will alter the appearance of text on any pages where Web fonts are used, but all text will still display legibly.
Firefox Focus for Mac is available in the iTunes store for supported devices. Content blocking is only available on 64-bit devices, iOS 9 and above including:
- iPhone 5s and above
- iPad Air and above
- iPad mini 2 and above
- iPod touch 6th Generation
Why aren’t older Apple products supported?
Safari Content Blockers (which include Firefox Focus) are only available on devices with an A7 processor (64-bit) or later. Only 64-bit processors can handle the extra load of content blocking, which insures optimal performance. For example, since the iPad 3 has an A5 processor, Firefox Focus for Mac is incompatible.
As featured in:
“Private browsing” on most browsers isn’t comprehensive or easy to use. Focus is next-level privacy that’s free, always on and always on your side — because it’s backed by Mozilla, the non-profit that fights for your rights on the Web.
- Blocks a wide range of common Web trackers without any settings to set
- Easily erases your history — no passwords, no cookies, no trackers
- By removing trackers and ads, Web pages may require less data and load faster
Made by Mozilla
- We believe everyone should have control over their lives online. That’s what we’ve been fighting for since 1998.
How You run Firefox focus for PC, Windows, and Mac
As you come to know about Mozilla Firefox Focus, then you must know it is for Android only in regards to the by default system. However, there is a way to use Firefox Focus for mobile. However, there is no desktop version of this browser and not for the Mac as well. So the only choice left with the emulator. In that case, you need to know how to run the emulator on your pc and then start installing the Firefox Focus for Mac
- Start downloading the Bluestack emulator for pc, and run the installation process
- Once, you are done with the installation, make sure you have Firefox Focus APK file
- Now, double click on the downloaded Firefox Focus APK and start the setup process via BlueStack Emulator
- Hold a few minutes and during that time the BlueStacks install that APK file
- When you are confirmed that APK file has been installed successfully, this will come to your desktop screen
- You’re all set now and the app won’t take much time to run at your computer
How to Download and Install Firefox Focus for Mac using NOx App Player
- First of all, you need to go to the NoxPlayer official site, where you will get
- Once the download session come to an end, then you just need to go to the installation process
- As the installation is finished, now open the emulator and sign up using an ID
- Make sure, you sign up from using your Google Play Store Gmail ID
- Now, you are signing in there and so the Android screen comes to pop up
- In the play store icon click on it and Firefox Focus for Mac
- When you see the results shown there then open the Firefox Focus for Mac install button.
How to Download Firefox for Pc APK file
You can avoid choosing the play store download option, rather you can download it from an APK file. For that, you can run this file directly to the computer. The most traffic sites to deliver nice APK files are apkmonk, apkmirror, uptodown, etc. Also, you will find numerous sites for APK files apart from these. Keep in mind, there is a number of spamming sites where you will find fake files. Besides, that site will hack into your system and bring out valuable information. To avoid this condition, you can go through the following sites that we have already suggested to you.
Firefox Focus for Mac would be the best option whenever you are in front of your PC at the same time you want to experience the big screen. For these two reasons, most of you are switching to the PC option even though they have smartphones. Here in this article, we have shown you the best possible way to get it. Again, show you some links to download it as well.
Firefox Focus for Mac helps protect your privacy while you browse the Web. When the app adds the ability for you to choose an alternate, more trusted search engine, this browser will become even more competitive.