With Google Duo for Mac, you can chat and connect with your friends or family via video calls. Get to experience the most reliable video calling on your Mac screen with the installation of the Duo app.
How to Setup and Use Google Duo Web Version on Mac
Google Duo is a video chat app that can be used on multiple platforms including Mac OS. You can follow the section below to setup and use Google Duo on Mac using web version.
- Step 1: Go to the web browser of your Mac PC, type in as Google Duo and click the search icon.
- Step 2: Open the official web page of Google Duo app from the search result (www.duo.google.com)
- Step 3 (a): If you are new to Google Duo, then you should click on I’m new to Duo option. Proceed to Step 4 (a)
- Step 3 (b): Else click on I already use Duo option if you are already a user of it. You should go to Step 4 (b).
- Step 4 (a): You have to create a new Google account or use the existing account details to continue with the Google Duo web version.
- Step 4 (b): If you wanted to proceed with the existing Google account linked with the Mac, then click on I’ve added my account. By clicking on Set up Duo as a new user, you should provide a new Google account.
- Step 5: On the next screen, you have to select your country and provide the phone number. Click on Next button.
- Step 6: A verification code will be sent to the phone number that you have provided. Enter it on the Mac PC.
- Step 7: Now, click Understood option to get notifications while receiving calls on Duo app.
- Step 8: You need to click on Allow option on the pop-up to let Duo app bring you notifications on your Mac.
- Step 9: With this, you will be re-directed to the home screen of Google Duo app that shows the list of Google Duo contacts.
- Mac OS X Kodiak, 10.0 (Cheetah), 10.1 (Puma), 10.2 (Jaguar), 10.3 (Panther), 10.4 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard), 10.7 (Lion)
- OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan)
- macOS 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra), 10.14 (Mojave), 10.15 (Catalina), 11.0 (Big Sur) and Later Version.
- Supported Hardware: Intel or Apple Chip (M1) or PowerPC Mac.
Google Duo Contacts List
- Step 10: Just tap on any contact to make a video or voice call to anyone. When Duo prompts you to access mic and webcam, you have to click on Allow option.
The interface of the Google Duo is simple, user-friendly, and anyone can access all of its features right from the Mac device. With the excellent video quality, you can chat with other Google Duo contacts over face-to-face. Share your life moments with your favourite people instantly on the go in real-time. Google Duo on Mac is an added advantage as you can easily express yourself in HD video in the best screen resolution.
Just record a video message for about 30 seconds and send it to your friends who haven’t picked up your video call. With the audio calling feature of the Google Duo Mac app, you can make voice calls to anyone. It is a particularly a useful feature when you are unable to connect with someone over video calls. All your video and voice calls are end-to-end encrypted by default and thus you are safe on Google Duo for Macbook.