Download Limewire for Mac 5.6.2 2022
Limewire for Mac 5.6.2 is no longer available, due to a court-ordered injunction requiring it to cease all operations. Limewire for Mac is one of the most popular peer-to-peer file sharing apps out there based on the Gnutella file sharing network. However, like Vuze before it, LimeWire appears to be encouraging legal downloads with the LimeWire Store. The library is so far a little limited compared to competitor download stores, but we expect this will expand.
Otherwise it’s business as usual on LimeWire all via a simple and and clear interface. The latest design makes scanning your search results much easier, and downloading files is totally intuitive. The inbuilt player is still unintrusive and useful for checking audio and video files, but no more.
As mentioned earlier, LimeWire goes out of it’s way to check you are aware of the legal implications of illegal filesharing and on installation you have to agree to not infringe copyright, and if you download a file for which LimeWire can’t find a license you will be warned and can stop or continue at your own discretion.
The world’s fastest Gnutella P2P file-sharing application
The friends function has been much improved. You can sign in with your Gmail, Jabber or LiveJournal accounts, and share files between any of your friends there who are also on LimeWire. This is much easier than tapping out IP addresses, and if enough of your friends use LimeWire, it could become great community sharing tool.
LimeWire searches remain within the Gnutella P2P network, but you can open torrent files with it, and it functions very well as a torrent download client. This is not the most advertised feature of LimeWire, which may a way of keeping legal challenges at bay, but it’s a shame that you can’t search for torrents within the program.
LimeWire is one of the simplest, most legal and user friendly P2P file sharing applications out there.
Updated interface for smoother navigation Faster BitTorrent downloads Improved performance
Limewire for Mac OS 9 or under
Limewire is no longer available, due to a court-ordered injunction requiring it to cease all operations.If you’re one of the few people still running Mac OS 9, also known as Classic, then you should really update to OS X, as less and less applications still run on Classic these days. Fortunately for you, a supported version of LimeWire is still available.
You’ll find this version of LimeWire very easy to use and full of help. The interface itself makes it easy to connect to servers and monitor your different downloads. Of course, it will look very outdated compared to the more recent version of LimeWire and will probably not perform as well, however you’ll probably already be accustomed to this in Mac OS 9.
If you open up the preferences you’ll see you can adjust a number of parameters, like setting bandwidth speed and limits on downloads and uploads, selecting your port or deciding where to save downloads or what files to share.
Limewire for Mac also includes basic playback functions to preview your download and make sure it’s what you were searching.
If you’re still running Mac OS 9 and are into peer-to-peer (p2p) downloading, then you should install the friendly and easy-to-use LimeWire.
- Simple to use
- Search new files
- Direct connect with a friend
- Integrated media player
- Block adult content
- Filter out content that copyright owners do not want to share
- Lots of help files
- Updated interface for smoother navigation Faster BitTorrent downloads Improved performance
- Pop-up window asking you to buy PRO version
- Torrent download function is a bit hidden
More Description from Publisher
Limewire for Mac is an Open Source client for P2P (Peer-to-Peer) networks such as Gnutella. Limewire for Mac program is a cross-platform file sharing utility. It’s called cross-platform because it’s Windows and Linux compatible. In fact, LimeWire has actually both Windows and Linux versions.
The application is easy to use. After installing it, you can start searching for files that you want to download.
The support for downloads is well implemented. It can do “swarm” downloads, like other multithreading download protocols, for example BitTorrent. In fact, LimeWire has the support for the BT protocol and it can be used as a BitTorrent client. The full support for multiple peers is available only for the users of the Professional version though.
LimeWire Basic Publisher’s Description
The search support is well structured. It has metadata search capabilities, so a search query would return more than filenames and lengths.
The connection to the network is made through Gnutella Web Caching System, or short GWebCache. This is a simple and powerful Web based distributed host caching, which supports the Gnutella network.
The application also has the support for ‘Magnet Links’. A magnet link allows you to access the Gnutella network by clicking a link on a Web page.
The ‘Preferences’ panel of this application has a wide variety. It gives you various options that can modify the behavior of the application. In order to fine-tune the application, some knowledge is required.
Pluses: it gives you the possibility to share and download files across P2P networks, it is free with no adds, it doesn’t have 3rd party software within the install package unlike other P2P clients, it can be used as BT client.
Drawbacks / flaws: this is a beta version so it might have some unexpected surprises, the free version has fewer functionality than the professional version.
About LimeWire For Mac
LimeWire For Mac is a P2P File Sharing Interface that makes LimeWire easy to Download and Share Music, Videos, Pictures, Software, etc. with others for Mac OS X. Share Pictures, Music, Videos, MP3, OGG, WMA, WMF, WAV, MPG, MPEG, MOV, AVI etc.! LimeWire for Mac allows you to search for multiple files at the same time, is available in several different languages and is famous for LimeWire For Mac’s ease-of-use and cross-platform compatibility.
- Elegant multiple search tabbed interface
- “Swarm” downloads from multiple hosts help you get files faster
- iTunes integration for Mac users
- Unique “ultrapeer” technology reduces bandwidth requirements for most users.
- Integrated chat
- Directly connect to a computer
- Browse host feature-even works through firewalls
- Added Bitzi metadata lookup
- Connects to the network using GWebCache
- Automatic local network searches for fast downloads
- Even better: It’s Free. You get all of these great features that allow you to file share with people around the world for free!
- Download LimeWire for Mac OS X for free!
LimeWire for Mac OS X System Requirements:
- Mac OS X 10.5 Intel
- Mac OS X 10.5 PPC
- Mac OS X 10.4 Intel
- Mac OS X 10.4 PPC
LimeWire for Mac OS X v.4.14.8
LimeWire is a software package which enables individuals to search for and share computer files with anyone on the internet. At startup, the LimeWire program will connect, via the internet, to the LimeWire Gateway, a specialized intelligent Gnutella router, at startup to maximize the users viewable network space.
LimeWire is a tool that allows you to share files over the internet. Further, the most recent version of Lime Wire enables Group functionality, so that users can connect to other people interested in sharing the same kinds of files that they are.LimeWire is compatible with the Gnutella file-sharing protocol and can connect with anyone else running Gnutella-compatible software.
- No bundled software of any kind!
- No adware..
- Firewall to Firewall Transfers. Since about 60% of users are currently firewalled, this feature greatly increases the amount of content on the network.
- No spyware.
- Faster network connections. Using new UDP Host Caches, LimeWire starts up and connects faster then ever before!
- Universal Plug N Play. UPnP support allows LimeWire to find more search results and have faster downloads.
- iTunes Integration. Windows users can now take advantage of LimeWires iTunes integration. -Creative Commons Integration. LimeWire now recognizes OGGs and MP3s licensed under a Creative Commons License.
- “Whats New?” feature. Users can browse the network for the most recent content additions.
- Search drill down results. Searches in LimeWire now immediately display the artists, albums and other information that fully describes files.
- Proxy support. Users can now use web proxies to route their downloads to protect their identity.
- Support for International searches and International groups. Users can now search in any language, and LimeWire ensures that a user will be connected to other users with their own language to aide international users
Limewire for Mac usually these kind of clients are associated with illegal downloads. In fact, it usually isn’t the program’s fault. It is all about what the users use it for. Same as, Mozilla or Opera aren’t responsible for the illegal Web pages that users are visiting with their browsers. Therefore, what you download with this client is your responsibility. There is a Professional version of this program with more features. Check the producer’s Web site in order to get more details about this.
LimeWire is a file sharing program running on the Gnutella Network. It is open standard software running on an open protocol, free for the public to use. LimeWire allows you to share any file such as.mp3s, .avis, jpgs, tiffs, etc. Limewire is written in Java, and will run on Windows, Macintosh, Linux, Sun, and other computing platforms. Publish your