Magnet for Mac 2.7.0 crack Catalina 2022
Magnet for Mac 2.7.0 is a desktop managing software that allows you to manage your screens in a way that suits you. Customize window sizes and areas, and take control of your desktop.
Rearrange your desktop however you like, with Magnet. This software enables you to use several windows at once, without having to flick back and forth between them.
Organize your screen so it suits your needs. Magnet gives you various customization choices so you are in control of your desktop. You can align several windows next to each other so you can avoid flicking between them. Enhance your multitasking abilities by viewing everything on one screen.
Customize the sizes of your screens. Choose between full screen, halves, quarters and thirds. Magnet allows you to make these screens as big or as small as you like. Focus on one screen by making it bigger than the others, while having them available in a smaller screen size.
Dragging and dropping various windows around your desktop can be a frustrating experience, however. If you are in a rush, you don’t want to spend time perfecting the size and shape of your windows, nor do you want to keep dragging and dropping them around your desktop. Moreover, the keyboard shortcuts are a lot to remember and make the software a little tricky to get to grips with. This feature is a bit clunky and may not be useful to some users.
Split-screens, thirds, and more
Every time you move your focus from one app to another, compare data side by side or multitask in any other way, you need all the windows arranged accordingly. Magnet makes this process clean and simple.
In one drag to the edge of your display, you size a window into half of the screen. And by dragging apps to corners, you snap them into quarters. Slide them to the bottom edge to create thirds. Do the same on an ultra-wide monitor and sort your windows into sixths. Taking advantage of such arrangements eliminates app switching and greatly enhances workspace efficiency.
Magnet supports keyboard shortcuts as well, for every command it has to offer. There is a little icon sitting in the menu bar where you can find a predefined set of hotkeys or create yours.
- Fullscreen & Quarters of the screen supported
- Left/Right/Top/Bottom Halves of the screen supported
- Left/Center/Right Thirds of the screen supported
- Left Two Thirds & Right Two Thirds of the screen supported
- Any Sixth-combination supported on ultra-wide monitors
- Activated by dragging (optional)
- Activated by keyboard shortcuts (customizable)
- Operated via menu bar icon
- Runs both on Retina and regular displays
- Up to six external displays supported
- Vertical screens supported
- Built to run on all macOS versions since 10.9 Mavericks
- macOS 10.15 Catalina optimized
Every time you move a content from one app to the other, compare data side by side or multitask in any other way, you need all the windows arranged accordingly. Magnet makes this process clean and simple. In one drag to the edge, you size a window into half of your screen. And by dragging windows to the corners, you snap them into quarters.
What do you need to know about free software?
Slide them to the bottom edge of your display to create thirds. Do the same on your ultra-wide monitor and arrange windows into sixths. Taking advantage of such arrangements eliminates app switching and greatly enhances workspace efficiency. Magnet supports keyboard shortcuts as well, for every command it has to offer. There is that little icon sitting in the Menu Bar where you can find a predefined set or create yours.
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 2.4.5
- macOS 10.12 Sierra optimised
- Stability and performance improvements
- Release October 31, 2019
- Date Added October 31, 2019
- Version 2.4.5
Window Magnet will change the way you work with your Mac! Easily snap windows into various sizes and positions by simply dragging them to the edges and corners of the screen. Maximize them, place them side by side or deploy them into all four quarters of your screen in the blink of an eye.
- Move and Resize. In just one drag you snap any window into left, right, top and bottom halves and into all four quarters of your screen.
- Real Fullscreen. Go nice, full, edge-to-edge fullscreen by simply dragging any window to the top of the screen and don’t mess with that tiny green “zoom” button that almost never seems to do what you want it to.
- Easy Restore. Return a window to its previous size by simply dragging it from its snapped position and it will pop back to the shape it had before.
- Menu Bar Assistant. Access all features and preferences through menu bar icon sitting right at the top of your screen to be on hand any time you need it.
- Keyboard Shortcuts. For all you keystroke lovers, use predefined keyboard shortcuts or create your very own ones that fit your needs.
- External Display Support. Manage your bigger workspace at the speed of light, even on external display.
- Switchers Friendly. If you’ve experimented with Windows 7, you may have used something very similar and will be pleased to have one of the greatest window management tools on your shiny new Mac.
Frequently Asked Questions
We do not collect any personal data at all.
Window snapping is not working after updating macOS.
How can I fix that?
Some installations are experiencing issues with accessibility functions. You can fix that by following this procedure:
- Quit Magnet.
- Go to System Preferences → Security & Privacy → Acccessibility
- In the list Allow the apps below to control your computer, highlight Magnet and remove it using the – (minus) button.
- Launch Magnet and follow instructions.
Why is my window not resizing?
Magnet can handle all standard resizable windows in OS X for you. Magnet can not do anything with non-standard windows used by some developers. Fortunately, such windows are quite rare. Adobe Creative Suite & Creative Cloud apps older than 2017 version is not supported exactly for this reason.
Some apps don’t resize to a half screen and remain wider. What’s wrong?
Certain apps require a minimal width of their window. In some cases the width can exceed half of your screen, particularly on small screens like Macbooks’.
I’ve got older Mac. Is Magnet compatible with it?
Magnet is compatible with OS X 10.9 Mavericks or later. If you can run such OS X, Magnet will be working fine on your Mac.
Can I arrange my windows on different Spaces?
You can arrange your windows in any active Spaces screen. You can not do it across different Spaces.
Why doesn’t my Magnet launch?
The Mac App Store probably just got confused by all the certificate, signature and security stuff. Simply trash your Magnet from the Applications folder and redownload from the Mac App Store. There’s no charge and you will keep your current settings.
Where can you run this program?
This software is only available on Mac products and can be run on any MacBook version.
Is there a better alternative?
Yes. Magnet for Mac is heavily outranked by other software, due to its lack of features. Despite being unique with its customizable windows, it doesn’t offer much else to organize the desktop. Try Spectacle for more tools and features that can sort out your messy screen.
Magnet for Mac has a promising idea, but is ultimately let down by its lack of extra features. The only real tool that it offers is screen customization, despite advertising itself as a desktop cleaning service. Download Magnet if you want a simple software that will enable you to change screen sizes by dragging the mouse, or entering keyboard shortcuts. If you’re looking for more than that, stay away from this one.