Best YouTube Video Downloader for Mac – 2020 Update 2022
Youtube App for Mac is the world’s most popular video sharing platform. More than 1 billions hours are watched every single day all around the world. It’s no secret that YouTube has become a critical part of everyone’s lives. Anything you want to watch, you can find on YouTube. It’s become a central hub of every day entertainment in the lives of millions all around the world.
But YouTube is a strictly online video streaming service. YouTube doesn’t natively allow for video downloading to your Mac, which is a limitation most people wish didn’t exist.
So if you’re one of those many people looking to download your favourite content from YouTube to your Mac for free offline viewing, you’re going to need a third-party app.
Make watching your favorite videos easier with the YouTube app. Explore brand new content, music, news and more with the official YouTube app for iPhone and iPad.
Discover even more with the official YouTube app. Subscribe to channels with your favorite content, share them with friends or upload your very own videos for everyone to see.
Get more out of your video streaming app and discover even more with YouTube.
DISCOVER BRAND NEW CONTENT
- – Browse YouTube’s personal recommendations on the home tab
- – Watch the hottest videos, from music to viral sensations on the trending tab
- – Like something? Tap like to save to your personal list or share with your friends!
- – Find the videos of the latest hits!
- – Watch fresh releases from popular and trending artists
LIVE STREAMS & MORE
- – Get the latest news or watch your favorite popular live streams right on your device!
LEARN FROM THE BEST
- – Practice and learn alongside the best online
- – Watch videos and learn any skill you need
- – Explore thousands of videos for makeup, DIY, tips and more!
CONNECT AND SHARE
- – Let people know how you feel with likes, comments, or shares
- – Directly share your friends favorite videos with your friends
- – Make a playlist that saves your favorite videos
- – See the latest from the creators you follow on the subscriptions tab
Download the official YouTube app and start watching your favorite videos today!
- – Support the channel you love with monthly recurring payments
- – Stand out in comments and live chat with a loyalty badge next to your username
- – Get access to exclusive perks from the channel
WITH YOUTUBE PREMIUM, ENJOY YOUTUBE AD-FREE, OFFLINE, AND IN THE BACKGROUND.
- – Watch the videos you love, uninterrupted
- – Play videos in the background, even when you open another app or when the screen is locked
- – Download videos for when you’re low on data or can’t get online
If you subscribe via iTunes:
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period at the rate of the selected plan. Subscriptions and auto-renewal may be managed by going to Account Settings after purchase
If you are scratching head to look for a way on how to get YouTube app for Mac and download YouTube videos on Mac, including MacBook Pro, MacBook Air and iMac, you are lucky here to find this helpful tutorial on how to download YouTube for MacBook Pro, MacBook Air and iMac. Free download YouTube videos on Mac is not very easy but it is not a problem that can not be solved. Go on and have a try.
Part 1. Download YouTube Videos on Macbook
I highly recommend the video download tool iTube HD Video Downloader, which is perfectly designed for Mac OS platforms, including MacBook Air, Mac Pro, MacBook Pro, iMac and more. Besides YouTube, you can use this Mac YouTube video downloader app to grab online videos from sites like Dailymotion, Metacafe, Break, VEVO, Vimeo, and 10,000+ sites. The YouTube App for Mac also allows you to save a YouTube playlist, channel or category in only one click. And it provides you with a built-in FLV player, so that you can enjoy the downloaded or existing videos instantly. Just follow the below detailed tutorial to download videos from YouTube to MacBook Air, iMac and MacBook Pro.
iTube HD Video Downloader – YouTube App for Macbook to Download YouTube Videos on Mac
- 1 click download YouTube to MP3 format in HD quality with download extension or YouTube URL.
- Download video or music files from 10,000+ online video sharing sites like YouTube, Facebook, Dailymotion, Vevo, etc.
- Download the entire YouTube playlist or channel with 3X faster speed.
- Convert downloaded YouTube videos to video/audio format, and preset for any devices.
- Record any online video from any sites including those “unable to download sites”.
- Transfer downloaded YouTube video or music files to iTunes Liabrary or mobile devices.
- Offer a Private Mode to protect your video downloading information with a password.
How to Download YouTube Videos on Macbook (macOS Mojave included)
Step 1. Install the YouTube App for Mac
After downloading the YouTube app on your Macbook, simply drag the downlaoded YouTube downloader app to the “Applications” folder on your Mac. And then double click the program icon to run the YouTube app on Mac.
Step 2. Start to Download Videos from YouTube to Mac
Find your favorite videos from YouTube and you will have 2 options to download YouTube videos:
- 1) When you play the video, you will see a “Download” button on the top left corner of the video window. Directly click on the button and select your desired output resolution like 1080P or 720P. The video will be immediately captured by the Mac YouTube App. If you are using Chrome browser and haven’t found the Download button, don’t worry, click here to get more info about how to add download extension to Chrome in steps.
- 2) Copy the video URL and go to the main interface to click the “Paste URL” button. The program will begin to grab the video. Or simpply click on the direct video URL and drag it to the program interface, this smart application will load the video and start to download it. You can insert up to 1000 URL links together into the downloading blank, separate each one by Enter button, this YouTube downloader for Mac will download them all and you can just leave the YouTube videos to it.
If you would like to save batch videos and do not want to wait in front of your Mac, you can click the “Clock” icon at the bottom left corner of the program and select “Shutdown” or “Sleep” option. Then you can leave your Mac on to grab video.
Optional. Convert YouTube Videos to Other Formats
If you want to watch downloaded YouTube videos on specified players or devices but encounter incompatible, this YouTube downloader app for Mac will helps you to convert the video to your wanted format. You can go to “Downloaded” tab and click “Add to Convert List” icon on the right to add the video to “Convert” menu.
After you go to “Convert” menu, you can see a “Convert” icon on the right of your selected video. Click the “Convert” icon and choose your desired output format from the pop-up conversion window to start converting.
Part 2. Free Download YouTube Videos on MacBook Pro, MacBook Air And iMac
Here we also prepare a free solution to download YouTube Video on Macbook. Free YouTube Downloader for Mac is the free version of iTube HD Video Downloader which supports to download YouTube videos free with a single click. It supports downloading YouTube videos in batch and has the ability to shut down your Mac or let it enter sleep mode when the download is finished. But have to remember that this Mac Free YouTube Downloader is only for personal use.
How to Free Download YouTube Videos on Macbook (macOS Mojave included)
Step 1. Install the Free YouTube App for Mac
Firstly make sure that you have already downloaded Free YouTube Downloader App on your Macbook. Then luanch it and get ready to download the YouTube video.
Step 2. Start to Download Videos from YouTube to Mac
Then go the YouTube website and copy the URL of the video that you want to free download. Back to the Free YouTube Downloader and click “Paste URL” button, you will see this free YouTube app will automatically analyze the url and give you the window to select ideal output video quality,
Just simply click “Download” to start downloading the YouTube video.
Step 3. Find The Downloaded YouTube Video
A few seconds later, when the video is fully downloaded, you can find it on “Downloaded” Tab.
Part 3. Tips about YouTube for Macbook Pro, Macbook air and iMac
MacBook Air is a laptop product manufactured by the Apple Company, it has a heavy duty battery that lasts up to an incredible twelve hours between charges. From your morning coffee till your evening commute back home, you can work even when unplugged. When it’s time to relax, you can get up to twelve hours of iTunes movie playback. And with up to thirty days of standby time, you can go away for weeks. There are many three types of Macbook laptops, that is Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, and iMac.
What Should You Know When Watching YouTube on MacBook
1. Utilize the MacBook features
When you are watching YouTube online using your MacBook Air, Pro or iMac, you should know the basic features contained in your MacBook, for example placing dragging the icons, downloading videos and other important files you may wish to have.
2. Secure your account
When you are subscribed in Youtube using your MacBook, you can secure your accounts by signing with secure passwords, also use the MacBook antivirus so that you protect your MacBook from viruses such as Trojan horses and others.
3. Make sure your MacBook is fully charged
Since all MacBook have long lasting batteries, you can charge them fully and comfortably use them when unplugged for twelve hours, the MacBook are also equipped with Core latest Pentium technologies of i5 and i7 processors that enable you to live streaming from the youtube.
Apple MacBook now has an outstanding reputation for providing laptops that can perform really well. You have the next-generation MacBook Pro with all the features of the regular Mac, in addition to advanced graphics and processing capabilities. It’s also a high-end MacBook model that is available in 13, 15, and 17 inch versions.
The MacBook Air belongs to a line of ultra-portable notebook computers and it’s designed to offer portability and performance. With a full size keyboard design and aluminum casing, the MacBook Air is sold in the 11.6 and 13.3 inch sizes. There is a variety of models with different specifications, all currently using Intel Core i7 or i5 CPUs and SSD storage.
The iMac is a series of all-in-one desktop computers which has advanced through six different forms. The original iMac G3 was made with an egg shaped look with a CRT monitor and enclosed in a colored, transparent plastic case. iMac G4 is the second major upgrade with its hemispherical design and an LCD monitor. The iMac G5 and Intel iMac are the third and fourth revisions, boasting a slim and unified design on a simple metal base.