Star Wars The Old Republic Game Download 2022
Star Wars the Old Republic for mac is the same game that is supported for the PC, but is now compatible with Mac OS systems. The Old Republic was developed by Bioware in 2008 as a new generation MMORPG. Their have been millions of players registered since the dawn of the beginning of Swtor. It contains hundreds of quests and lets gamers make the choices of everyday galactic fighters by giving them the responsibility of connecting with other real world gamers. Swtor has become one of the most popular online games in the past few years due to splendid gameplay, continual updates, and fast servers.
Star Wars the Old Republic for mac The gameplay consists of the ancient clash between the Republic and the Empire. Players choose different species and classes for their characters. There are many other features including ships and companions to help the players complete missions. There are main story lines and they differ between each class, so the game can be played for countless hours.
How to Download SWTOR Mac: 8 Easy Steps
1. Sign up and Download SWTOR below
2. Get Crossover Games Trial (link below)
it is completely free and you only need an email. The trial last 15 days, you can decide to buy it after that or find a way to get it free. There are many ways to get it free online (google is your friend). But I don’t mind paying for it since I feel like they deserve my money making so many mac ports.
3. Move Crossover to apps and open it.
This is a simple step. When Crossover is done downloading, just move it to your apps folder, open it and click to try out the trial version.
4. Go to configure -> install software in top left
5. Find Star Wars the Old Republic for mac using the search function
The file will be in community supported applications as seen below. Click on it and then click proceed to the next step (select an installer).
6. Choose an installer file
Click choose installer file and select the SWTOR_setup.exe file you got in the first step. It should be in your downloads or on your desktop.
7. Express Install
Click express install and it will begin to install. If it asks for any updates or says that anything needs to be downloaded then accept it or click yes.
8. Open up Swtor on your mac and play!
Playing SWTOR on my Mac
Due to the popularity of SWTOR, gamers on mac have been dying to play for some time now. Bioware has still not answered the prayers of these players. Instead, it was taken into the players hands to make a mac compatible version of the game. For years now mac gamers have been playing PC games on Boot Camp and Parallels or VMWare. Bootcamp allows users to partition a Windows operating system on their mac, but this takes up some hard drive and every time the user wants to switch operating systems they have to restart their computer.
Parallels and VMWare are emulation systems of Windows operating systems and run much slower since they run Mac and Windows OS at the same time. Both these methods have flaws and cost quite a bit of cash just to play SWTOR for mac.
There is a recently developed Star Wars the Old Republic for mac version with a mac port that allows mac users to play the game by using a software called Crossover Games.
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 or better
- CPU: 2.3 GHz i5 processor or better
- Memory: 4 GB
- Over 26 GB of hard drive space
It is not the destination that matters. It is the journey.
Star Wars the Old Republic for Mac Download Free
Five years after the events from the award winning Star Wars® Knights of the Old Republic™, the Sith Lords have hunted the Jedi to the edge of extinction and are on the verge of crushing the Old Republic. With the Jedi Order in ruin, the Republic’s only hope is a lone Jedi struggling to reconnect with the Force. As this Jedi, you will be faced with the galaxy’s most dire decision: Follow the light side or succumb to the dark…
If you encounter problems playing the game, please visit support.aspyr.com. Our Customer Support team is happy and eager to help. Your feedback helps us make better games.
In order to run the game with satisfactory performance, your Mac must meet these minimum system requirements: 2.2 GHz CPU Speed | 4 GB RAM | 10 GB free disk space | (ATI): Radeon HD 3870 | (NVidia): GeForce 330M | (Intel): HD 3000 | 256 MB VRam
Gamepad support: Star Wars®: Knights of the Old Republic™ II supports the Playstation 4 Dualshock 4, the Playstation 3 Dualshock 3 Wireless Controllers and the Xbox 360 for Windows wired controller and the Xbox One controller (wired)
NOTICE: The following video chipsets are unsupported for Star Wars®: Knights of the Old Republic™ II:
- ATI Radeon X1000 series, HD 2000 series
- NVIDIA GeForce 7000 Series, 8000 series, 9000 series, 320M, GT 100 series
- Intel GMA series
NOTICE: This game is not supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (CaseSensitive)
- • 20 new achievements!
- • Bug fixes and tweaks
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic….it is four thousand years before the galactic empire and hundreds of jedi knights have fallen in battle against the ruthless sith. as the last hope of the jedi, you must lead a band of freedom fighters in an epic struggle to save the galaxy.
Can you master the awesome power of the Force on your quest to save the Republic? Or will you fall to the lure of the dark side? Hero or villain, savior or conqueror…you must choose wisely as you alone will determine the destiny of the entire galaxy!
- Immersive, action-packed Star Wars role-playing experience with customizable and evolving playable characters.
- Choose from nine customizable characters to build your party of three adventurers, including humans, droids, Twi’leks, Wookiees and more.
- Journey spans seven different worlds including Tatooine, Sith world of Korriban, Jedi Academy on Dantooine and Wookiee homeworld of Kashyyyk.
- Choose your party from nine customisable characters, including Twi’leks, droids and Wookiees.
If at any point, a window comes up that says that
rundll32.exe failed, ignore and close the error.
If you would like to watch a video guide instead, I’ve glued together a video of how to do it:
- Download the Star Wars: The Old Republic installer.
- When on PlayOnMac menu, in the top bar, click Tools –> Manage Wine versions.
- In the Wine version (x86) tab, click on 2.20-staging, and then move it to the right side. PlayOnMac will proceed to download that Wine version.
- After the download is done, on the PlayOnMac menu, click on the Configure button.
- Bottom left, click the New button.
- Click Next and you will be brought to a screen instructing you to choose the bit version. Pick 32 bits windows installation.
- In the listed Wine versions to use, pick 2.20-staging and click next.
- Name your virtual drive. Any name works. The virtual drive will now be created.
- Once the virtual drive is created, go back to the configuration page, click on the drive you’ve created.
- Switch to the Install components tab.
Install the following components:
crypt32(Might say that it failed. Keep retrying)
- When the installation is complete, switch to the Display tab.
- On the Video memory size, click on the dropdown menu, and pick the number that corresponds to your graphic drive’s memory size.
- Switch to the Wine tab.
- Click on Configure Wine.
- In the Windows Version: dropdown menu, pick Windows 10.
- After you’ve done that, switch to the Miscellaneous tab.
- Click on Run a .exe file in this virtual drive.
- Navigate to the location where you’ve downloaded the installation file for SWTOR (Named
- Select it, and click Open. The installation page prompt will now be brought up. Ignore the error.
- Pick the language you plan to use, and click next until you are brought to the installation type. DO NOT custom install. Let the installation do an express installation.
- After the installation is complete, unselect the option to launch the game, and finish the installation.
- Congratulations! The game is now installed.
- Click on Run a .exe file in this virtual drive again.
- Navigate to the game’s folder. This is the the location.
PlayOnMac’s virtual Drive –> The Name of your wrapper –> drive_c –> Program Files –> Electronic Arts –> BioWare –> Star Wars – The Old Republic –>
- The launcher will now launch. Type in your credentials and login.
- An error will come up that say that you require administration rights.
- Go back to the configuration page. Click on Open virtual drive’s directory.
- Navigate again you the game’s folder.
- Open the file
- Change the line,
"bitraider_disable": falseto ,
- Save the file, and again relaunch the launcher and login with your credentials.
- The game will now start downloading. If the administration error comes up again, again open the text file and again disable bitraider and set the patching mode to ssn.
- The game itself will weight about 40GB, so you might as well leave it to download and install over night. Shut down the launcher when the game finished downloading and installing.
- Shut down the launcher and go back to the configuration page. Click on Make a new shortcut from this virtual drive.
launcher.exeand name the shortcut SWTOR.
- Tell Wine that you don’t want to create any more shortcuts. The shortcut will appear on your desktop.
The game should now launch. Congratulations!
AND WE ARE DONE! All you have to do next time you want to play the game is double click the shortcut and you are good to go.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I already did your previous guide with swtor fix and it worked! But I got a question should I scrap my shortcut and remake it using the new wine and stuff or should I stay with what I have? A: No, do what you have. The new stuff is actually what we did before. I had to get rid of swtor_fix because it confused people. Both will work fine.
Q: Would the instructions for installing this on, say..
Ubuntu or PuppyLinux (or, if I feel particularly stupid, Slackware)? A: Yea. The dudes who created POM created PlayOnLinux first. Same general idea on how to install it.
Q: I’m getting stuck after I click Express installation. It’s defaulting to My Computer as the save location which obviously doesn’t exist on my Mac. It won’t let me choose another location. I can’t figure out what I’ve done wrong! A: When you crate a new wrapper, the expert installation is inside the wrapper, not outside of it.
Q: It says I only have 15gb free when I have 70gb free disk space. I don’t have Time Machine on or anything so I’m not sure what to do at this point. A: I use an app called Disk Inventory X that shows what exactly takes up space on your computer. I suggest you use it to see what’s going on.
Q: Is there a fix for the starting resolution resetting at every start-up?
I’m able to change the resolution to where I need it at the character selection screen, but it takes some playing around since nothing lines up correctly. A: Choose screen option windowed fullscreen. That should stop the resolution from resetting itself.